Windsor Dance eXperience: COVID-19 Policies
November 23, 2021
Over the past 2 years, the world and WDX have been trying to navigate through all of the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic while trying to maintain the safety and health of our dancers. It is important that WDX remains compliant with the local public health and provincial guidelines and mandates. As such, the following procedures and policies are in place:
- All individuals over the age of 12 (dancers, choreographers, volunteers, board members) who attend events at WDX studio including, auditions, rehearsals, volunteering (costumes, cleaning, front desk screening, store etc) will be required to:
- Be double vaccinated and show proof of vaccination either a hard copy of the vaccination receipt, an electronic copy and or a QR code with photo identification.
- All individuals who will be turning 12 in 2022, will be required to receive the full series of vaccinations against COVID-19 within 12 weeks of their 12th birthday and provide proof of full vaccination. If the individual fails to provide proof of full vaccination within 12 weeks of their 12th birthday, the individual no longer be able to attend WDX. The dancer will forfeit all registration fees (there will be NO REFUND).
- For all children between the ages of 5-11–there are currently no vaccine requirements as mandated by public health and or the province. However, the requirement for vaccines could change upon a moments’ notice. Once public health and or the province provides guidance regarding vaccine requirements for 5-11 year olds, WDX will be expected to comply with the requirements–which may require all 5-11 year olds to be fully vaccinated by a certain date. If the dancer fails to be compliant with the new rules by the required date, the dancer will no longer be able to attend WDX. The dancer will forfeit all registration fees (there will be NO REFUND).
Other COVID-19 Protocols:
Masks will be worn at all times within the WDX studio. Masks must be worn properly–covering the nose and the mouth. Masks can be removed for short periods of time to take a drink or have a snack, but a minimum of 2M or 6 Feet apart must be maintained. During auditions, Dancers may be asked to remove their mask for a short period of time, while properly spaced apart to allow viewing of the facial expressions during the “drama” portion.
All persons entering the WDX studios are required to complete the COVID-19 screening form prior to entering the studios or attending an event. The form can be found via www.windsordanceexperience.ca. The expectation is that the individual fills out the form truthfully. In addition to the completed form, all individuals entering the studio will be asked:
- Did they complete the screening form?
- Have they been recently exposed to COVID-19 and or are part of a cohort (class or bus) that might have been sent home?
- Are they currently experiencing any symptoms?
If a dancer, choreographer or volunteer has recently had any symptoms, they will be asked to NOT return to the studio until they are 24 hours symptom-free.
If a dancer, choreographer or volunteer begins to exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms while at the studio, they will be asked to leave. A parent or guardian will be asked to pick up their child as soon as possible.
It is the intent of WDX to keep the members of the company as safe as possible. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.